Thursday, May 8, 2014
Monday, May 5, 2014
4 TB bentonite (redmond) clay
3 TB calcium powder (natural ground limestone)
1 TB Baking Soda
2 TB Powder mint Leaf (or 20-55 drops peppermint EO) I used 55 drops
1 TB Cinnamon
1 TB Clove powder (or clove essential oil)
1 TB Xylitol powder (granules ok)
Coconut Oil enough for consistency preferred (I used 12 TB)
Mix powders together
Soften Coconut oil and mix with Essential oils
Combine powder mix and oil mixture.
Tammy Weymouth used 12 drops peppermint and 8 drops OnGuard for her paste.
2 Ripe Mangos (peeled and diced)
1 C Quinoa (cooked and cooled)
1 C fresh raspberries
1/2 C Smoked cheddar Cheese (cubed)
1/2 C Walnuts or almonds
Combine all ingredients & Coat in Lime dressing
3 T Honey
2 limes (juiced) or lime EO
2 cups raw sunflower seeds, toasted
1 1/2 TB vanilla extract
1/4 C Cocoa/ carob powder
1/4 C + 3TB Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Salt
2-3 tsp Coconut Oil
1/2 C milk (dairy or non)
1. In a medium non-stuck pan, tast sunflower seeds over medium-high heat. Stir frequesntly to avoid burning. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature before using.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, process toasted sunflower seeds, stopping intermittently to scrape down the side of bowl. Continue 2-3 minutes until seeds have turned to thick, creamy butter.
3. Add in remaining ingredients and blend for an additional 4-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
Recipe by made by Sonia McBride--originally from MOMables.com
- Recommended the book The Diet Cure by Julia Ross; A book that teaches the importance of amino acids in everyday diet. Rhea as had good success by using principles taught in this book.
- Gave an Emergency Preparedness Highlight on LIGHT. See "Light Highlight" post for notes.
- Recommended Bountiful Baskets Co-op for fresh produce. She gave an example of what she gets each week which varies with the season: 8 potatoes 5 corn on cob 1 lb asparagus 1 pkg endive 3 large zucchini 2 mango 2 green onions bunches 1 large leaf lettuce 1 bunch radish 3 grapefruit 1 small watermelon 1 bunch bananas She picks up in Emmett on Saturdays and pays $15 and $4 handling per week. See the blog label Food/Health/Nutrition for link.
- Shared an Herb chart/poster put together by Darcy Williamson available through Bev for $5 or $10 for an laminated copy. The chart organizes local herbs and how they would be used medicinally. It is a great reference to have. If interested in purchasing one, talk to Bev.
- Brought French bread to taste. Recipe on Blog.
- Advise from someone who knows: DON'T use walnut tree mulch on anything you want to live! And do not burn or mulch valuable walnut wood.
- Reported on healing of varicose veins using essential oils. She had been using Helichrysm and ran out and is now using Cypress and Lemon grass. She sees improvement in appearance and feels less pain, but anticipates need for longer term application. Used Thyme, Melalucea, and Frankensence on croupy kids with immediate success. She loves the oils and uses them daily with her family.
- Made homemade toothpaste, which we all got to sample! YUM! See recipe on blog under "Grooming recipes." We will actually be making this toothpaste next month at our HOGPIG meeting.
- Have used essential oils very successfully for allergies (peppermint, lemon, lavender), and for carpel tunnel issues (no sugar/good diet; Life Long Vitality Supplements & EO Helichrysm, Lemongrass & Cypress).
- Recommended 2 great websites for healthy food recipes: Cheeky Chives and Super Healthy Kids. Find the links on blog under Food/Health/Nutrition.
- Shared a Arugula Mango Salad. Recipe on blog under label "Recipes"
- Took the group on a tour of our almost completed underground green house and our in -progress Back to Eden Garden.
- Gave referral for Back to Eden materials. For Compost call Tosch at 208-890-6597. He is located on State street in Star. There is a $15 fee for loading. (found this resource on Craig's list) We got our Mulch from Tree Maintenance in Payette. Call JaNae if you are interested in obtaining specific contact information on this.
- Shared a homemade healthy version of Nutella called Sunflower Nutella. Recipe on Blog. Delicious!
- Will be doing Rice & Water experiment with results at next meeting.
- Offered a healing tip using fresh lime juice rubbed down the neck to relieve a headache. It was a very effective experiment--took away the headache!
- Shared a delicious and healthy recipe for Carmeled Popcorn. YUMMY! Recipe on blog.
- Shared the idea of using Wool balls in Dryer instead of fabric softeners. Bev know's a lady who sales "make-it-yourself" balls. Contact: (I'll include when i get the info)
Sunday, September 4, 2011
· Castile Soap Towelette (cleansing wipe)
· Hand sanitizing wipes
· Antibacterial wipes
· Small bar of soap
· Bandages (all sizes)
· Neosporin packs (anti biotic ointment)
· Liquid bandaid
· Alcohol prep pads
· Triangular bandage
· Gauze pads (various sizes)
· Conforming stretch guaze
· Butterfly strips
· Cotton swabs/ Q-tips
· Medical tape
· Insect sting relief
· Cough drops
· Throat lozenges
· Knee high panty hose
· Mini sewing kit (needles, thread, buttons, safety pins, pins, measuring tape)
· Ear plugs
· Nail clippers
· Tweezers (tick removal)
· Emory board
· Trash ties
· Tooth brush
· Lip balm
· Dental/tooth emergency care
· Money (small bills & quarters)
· Small notebook & pen
· OUTsmart Survival guide (outsmartsurvivalguide.com)
· Blessing oil
· Diaper bags (plastic bags rolled up to use for anything)
· Cold Pack
· Hot packs
· Linda’s Healing salve
Monday, March 21, 2011
1. PLANS / CHECKLISTS
- Family Communication Plan
- Ward/Local Communication Plan
- Evacuation Checklists
- Ward List
- Community Contacts (Businesses)
- Emergency Numbers
- Identification: Social Security Cards, Birth & Marriage Certificates, Passports, Photograph of Drivers License, Citizenship papers
- Education: HS/College Certificates, Resumes, Letters of Recommendation
- Employment documentation
- Medical Insurance Information & Card
- Health History (for specific Health Circumstances)
- Prescription Information
- Doctor, Dentist etc List of Medical Contacts & numbers
- First Aid quick reference guide
- Copies of all Credit Cards & ATM (front and back), contact number
- List of creditors, numbers, addresses, account numbers, payment amount, and due dates
- 1st 2 pages of previous 2 years Tax Returns
- Cash (small bills, no bigger than 10's)
- Home Insurance information
- Deed or Mortgage Information
- Home Inventory list and or video of home inventory on disk.
- Auto Insurance
- Title or payment information
- Life and other Insurance
- Will/ Trust/ Power of Attorney
- Burial Information
- Current pictures of each member of family
- Family Photo
- Individual Identity tags
- Patriarchal Blessing
- Scriptures, meaningful writings
12. COMPUTER BACK UP
- Thumb drive or disk